Make sure to follow Real Life Dinner on Facebook and Pinterest! You don’t want to miss any of these fantastic recipes!
Alfredo Pesto Sauce with Chicken and Tomatoes
There are so many reason’s why you are going to kiss my feet for giving you this recipe! It’s fast, simple, yummy and all of the ingredients can be stored for months in the pantry and freezer so it is the perfect meal to keep on hand for crazy busy nights! Broil up a little garlic bread to put on the side and you can even serve this meal to company.
The fastest way to make this simple Alfredo Pesto Sauce is to use bottled alfredo sauce or the just add milk alfredo packets from the grocery store, but if you prefer to stay away from processed foods you can easily mix up your own alfredo sauce and use it instead.
You can pan fry the chicken breasts or throw them on the grill, whatever is faster and easier for you. I have done it both ways. It looks a little fancier if you cook the chicken breast whole and then slice them up to go on top, but it is just as tasty if you cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces and cook it quickly that way. Whatever you do it, just make sure to generously salt and pepper the chicken while it cooks.
- 1 15 ounce bottle of bottled alfredo sauce or 2 cups of homemade
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of your favorite basil pesto (I use half of the jar you see pictured above)
- 1 29 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb chicken breast lightly pan fried in olive oil or grilled
- 1 lb linguine noodles or fettuccine noodles.
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Can sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired
- Cook noodles according to package directions (make sure to generously salt the water)
- While waiting for noodle water to boil and for noodles to cook, prepare and cook the chicken by pan frying it in a little olive oil or throw it on the grill.
- When noodles are done, drain them and while they are still hot, pour in alfredo sauce, pesto and drained tomatoes. Stir until well combined and everything is coated with sauce.
- (you can add the chicken pieces and mix it with the sauce as well or you can leave it out of the sauce and put it on top of each serving)
- Serve with garlic bread and green salad if desired.
Save room for dessert