I didn’t even wait until I could get a better picture….that is how crucial I feel it is that you make these ASAP!
Just make sure you invite me to dinner when you make them…..no, really, I’m serious!
These are amazing. I could eat them everyday. It works out perfectly to double the batch of Amazing Spaghetti Sauce and use the leftovers to make these a day or two later.
- 4-5 cups Spaghetti Sauce (I strongly suggest you use this recipe.) But if you have a favorite sauce, by all means use it.
- 24 large macaroni shells
- 1 16 ounce package cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- add uncooked shells to boiling salted water and boil for 10 minutes
- preheat oven to 35o degrees
- while pasta is boiling, prepare filling, by mixing the cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese), the egg, Parmesan cheese, sugar and parsley flakes. Mix until thoroughly combined
- lightly spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread approx 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the sprayed pan
- when noodles are done cooking, drain them, and immediately start feeling each noodle with a spoonful of the cheese mixture (remember you need to feel 24 shells so don’t stuff them too full)
- make three rows of 8 with the shells
- Pour the remainder of the sauce evenly over the stuffed shells
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes .
- Remove foil and sprinkle with 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese return to oven (uncovered) for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Allow shells to rest for 10 minutes before serving
This recipe was originally posted on The Mother Huddle
Keep it Real!!!