If you are a curry fan or a fan of Indian food in general you will LOVE this meal. My family licked the pan clean…I really should have made a double batch!
I was a little worried after I added the coconut milk that it was going to be too sweet, but once it had a chance to simmer and mingle with the other flavor’s the coconut flavor was very very subtle and not noticeably sweet at all.
The potatoes gave a nice texture to the meal and also helped to naturally thicken the sauce. We thoroughly enjoyed dipping some Homemade Naan Bread into that tasty sauce. This was the first time I had attempted a green curry sauce, and couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. I think you’re gonna love it too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced or chopped (approx ½ cup)
- 1 medium to large potato thinly sliced and quartered (approx 1 cup)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- steamed basmati rice
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in frying pan or sauce pan add chicken and cook until chicken is mostly done. (add the salt and pepper to the chicken as it cooks)
- Add onions and potatoes, cook until onion get soft.
- Add coconut milk, chilies, curry powder, cumin and garam masala. Simmer mixture until potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice or rice of choice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired
Keep it Real!!!