I needed a quick dish to feed some unexpected dinner guest and came up with this Hamburger Tomato and Veggie Goulash. It turned out AWESOME and is definitely the best goulash I’ve ever tasted!
It seems crazy to call something like goulash delicious, but it was. I am definitely keeping this on the rotation. It’s also super easy and the whole family and the guests gobbled it right up.
Down home Comfort food at it’s finest.
I used onion, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, celery, green beans and tomatoes which gave it a really awesome depth of flavor that was perfectly complimented by the aldente macaroni and nicely browned beef. Mmm, yum, I wish I had a big bowl right now.
- 1 lb Elbow Noodles, cooked aldente (Make sure you salt the water when cooking the macaroni)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced (halved if they are big)
- 2 large stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ of a yellow, orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chpped parsley or two tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) diced tomato (I like fire roasted)
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried basil flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Heat Olive Oil in a large deep skillet or dutch oven style pan, add hamburger, carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until meat is completely browned.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, frozen green beans, brown sugar and basil. Simmer until carrots and beans are tender.
- Add cooked and drained macaroni noodles and stir until thoroughly mixed. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired.