My husband loves to make waffles or pancakes on Saturday mornings. cooking and also It’s his thing and I don’t mess with it. I don’t mess with it because I think it is great that he is because Saturday is my sleep in day and lets face it, I usually sleep right through breakfast.
When I finally wake, I eat up what’s left, and I have to say, he has really perfected his recipe.
He tried MANY. He wanted to find one that used only whole wheat flour and still tasted great. He ended up combining two recipes he found on line and the waffles turned out awesome. He has been making them this way ever since. They are perfect! Light and fluffy and Delicious!
Oh and they also freeze really well! Perfect for making ahead and pulling out later for breakfast.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined
- Add wet ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Pour onto a hot waffle iron
- If your waffle iron is new you may need to spray it lightly with cooking spray
- Follow directions and cooking time for your waffle iron
- Serve with syrup or other toppings of your choice