Pretty and festive, perfect for your Christmas Dinner! Christmas Jello Salad!
This recipe has been in my family for years. My mom made it every Christmas. She always did it in a 9×13 pan and cut it into squares. Putting it in individual containers is fun too. It’s not only a fun jello salad it’s also a festive decoration for the table.
- 1 large box or 2 small boxes Lime Jello
- 1 large box or 2 small boxes Cherry Jello
- 1 small box lemon Jello
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 8 ounce package whipped topping (cool whip)
- Prepare lime Jello as directed on box, Use ice water where it calls for cold water (this will help it set up faster)
- Pour it into dish or dishes of your choice, if you are doing individual dishes remember to only fill ⅓ of the way
- Let set in fridge until firm
- Prepare middle layer by boiling one cup of water and adding it too the lemon jello mix.
- While still hot add marshmallows and stir or whisk until they dissolve.
- Whisk in sour cream, half of the 8 ounce cool whip and the cup of crushed pineapple (make sure you strain or squeeze any excess juice form the pineapple)
- Finish by adding a cup of very cold water to the mixture….(you can use the strained pineapple juice to make up part of the 1 cup of water if you want to)
- Pour on top of lime layer and return to fridge until firmly set.
- For the final layer, prepare the cherry jello according to package directions, and use ice water where it calls for cold water again, you do not want to put hot or warm jello on top of the middle layer it will melt it and give your jello a milky color.
- Return jello to the fridge and let it set until firm and you are ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve use remaining cool whip to put dollops on individual serving dishes or to spread on top of Jello if you made it in a 9×13 dish.