Microwave Chex Party Mix
My friend was talking about making Chex Mix and the next thing I knew, I was tearing up my pantry looking for ingredients. That’s the story of my life, especially when I am pregnant if someone mentions some kind of food and it sounds good to me, I just can’t get it out of my mind until I eat some myself.
I found a recipe for the Original Chex Party Mix and decided to give it a go. I was missing a few ingredients, but made do with what I had and it turned out great. I especially like the flavor of the added Cheerios.
- 5 cups Chex Cereal of your choice or a combination of Corn, Rice and Wheat flavors
- 2 cups Cherrios
- 2 cups Pretzels, I used sticks and broke them in half
- 1 cup nuts of your choice, I used roasted almonds because that's what I had in my pantry
- 5 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp + a pinch of garlic powder
- ½ tsp (scant) of onion powder
- Put Cereals, pretzels and nuts in a large microwave safe bowl, mix well
- In a small microwave dish melt butter and add in seasonings, mix thoroughly
- Pour butter seasoning mixture over cereal mixture and stir until evenly distributed
- Microwave mixture for 5-6 minutes stirring well every 2 minutes
- Pour out onto paper towels or a cookie sheet to cool.
- Once it is cooled keep leftover Chex Mix in an air tight container.
I still can’t get over how easy this was to make. It was delicious and is a fun switch up from the regular popcorn for movie night snacking.
Keep it Real!!!