This tasty and simple Nacho Casserole is one of my husbands favorites!
My kids love it too and I love that it is packed with fiber and protein.
If you’re a casserole lover like me and your kids like dipping chips into their food as much as mine do, you really need this recipe. You can prep it and have it on the table in an hour or less.
- 2 15 oz. cans re-fried beans or 4 cups homemade re-fried beans
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheese, shredded
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 bag of your favorite corn chips
- Toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, diced onion, sour cream, guacamole, salsa……whatever you like.
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Combine re-fried beans, taco seasoning and Monterey Jack Cheese, mix well and spread in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Brown hamburger with chopped onion and season with ½ tsp cumin and ½ tsp seasoning salt (or reg salt is fine too)
- Spread browned meat over bean layer
- Open can of green chilies and spread it over the meat layer
- Sprinkle Cheddar Cheese over green chilies
- Spread 1 cup of taco sauce over cheese.
- Cover with foil and heat in 400º oven for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling around the edges.
- Serve with toppings of your choice and chips. You wouldn’t know it from this picture but our chips of choice with this casserole are Nacho Cheese Doritos.