Perfect Oven Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus is so yummy and I’m so happy to see beautiful fresh asparagus coming into my local grocery store. One of my favorite ways to prepare asparagus is to toss it in olive oil, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and roast it to perfection in the oven.
The recipe and directions are so simple and bring out the natural delicious flavor of the asparagus without any fancy frills.
- 1 bunch Fresh Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt, coarse sea salt is fun, but regular works great too.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Clean asparagus and break or cut ends off
- Place cleaned asparagus in baking dish or on a cookie sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss until each piece is coated.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, stir and return to oven for 8-10 more minutes
- Cooking time will vary slightly depending on how thick your asparagus are and how much you are roasting at a time. You may need to add a couple minutes to your cooking time if you are roasting a large amount.
- Test one to make sure they are tender before removing from the oven.
Keep it Real!!!