There aren’t words to express how badly you need to make this recipe.
This Pork Adobo is the meal that made my husband realize he couldn’t live without me when we were dating.
Absolutely Awesome Flavor and it’ s as simple as cutting up some meat and crushing some garlic.
- 3-4 lbs pork or chicken cut into large bite size pieces
- 7 large segments of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns, coarsely crushed (I leave some whole so my kids can pick them out easier.)
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Water, enough to just barely cover the meat when you get it in the pan with the other ingredients
- Put all ingredients, except the vinegar and pineapple, into a large pot that allows for boiling.
- Bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil until the water is half gone, stirring occasionally
- Add the vinegar and let it continue boiling without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture and continue to boil until the liquid is almost gone.
- Remove from heat and dump in pineapple chunks, cover with lid and let set for 5 minutes
- Serve with white rice
PS: The brand of soy sauce and vinegar you use, will slightly effect the flavor. The friend that I got the recipe from recommends “La Choy” soy sauce and “Heinz” white vinegar.
Keep it Real!!!