I am loving this delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Snack Cake! It’s the perfect balance of healthy ingredients and cake…..is that an oxymoron?
I’m always looking for ways to make some of my favorite foods a little healthier, and this snack cake is so delicious you would never guess that the recipe has oatmeal, whole wheat flour and yogurt, along with the vitamin A packed pumpkin.
I had to keep taking one more piece just to make sure it really was as delicious as I thought it was. Mind blown!
The best part is, it is so easy to mix up. You don’t need a mixer, a bowl and a fork or spoon will do the trick. Also, it is very versatile and forgiving, you can do substitutions and adaptations according to what you have on hand. (I gave a few suggestions down in the recipe box)
This may very well be my new go-to fall snack/treat to take to parties or get togethers. It’s delicious and sooooo easy to whip up!
More pumpkin recipes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, do not pack
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla (if you use plain yogurt add 1 tsp vanilla)
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour (can also use 2 tbsp ground flax seed and 1 cup + 2 tbsp white flour, and get great results)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup Semi sweet Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and set aside
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine pumpkin, yogurt, oil and oats, stir until well combined and let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy and everything is well combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix until well combined
- Spread batter evenly into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Taste great warm, but will cut into squares better if you let it cool.