These Rainbow Clusters really take me back. As a kid, one of my favorite things about Christmas were all the plates of goodies that neighbors and friends would bring to our house.
It was like my dream come true to have so many treats in the house. Every year I would hold out hope that these rainbow clusters would show up, and every year they did! They are so delicious!
I never did find out who it was that brought them every year. So I had to recreate the recipe myself. Luckily it is super easy! I know, I know, it is a strange combination of ingredients, but trust me, they are awesome!
My family loves these and so does anyone else who tastes them. My husband is especially addicted. He ate at least half of the batch pictured above!
More Christmas Favorites
- 2 cups fruit loops cereal
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 cups colored mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces white almond bark (approx 4 squares) or 8 ounces white chocolate chips.
- Combine cereal, noodles and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl
- In a double broiler or in the microwave, melt almond bark or chocolate chips (I put 4 squares of almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 45 seconds, stir and cook for 25 more seconds, stir and cook for 20 more seconds, it is usually melted at that point in my microwave but yours may be different.)
- Pour melted chocolate onto cereal mixture and mix until well coated
- Drop in clusters onto wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheets