Yummy Yummy! Get these Rocky Road Brownies in your tummy! The easy microwave fudge frosting on top of these bad boys is going to make you so happy.
Just knowing you have one of these hidden away to enjoy after the kids are in bed can get you through even the nastiest homework fit or “It’s time to leave your friends house” meltdown. Not that I know anything about those aspects of parenting……my kids are totally perfect.
But just in case you might have “not so perfect” children, and find yourself needing a little something to look forward to, I’ve got you covered.
Since you can just use a regular brownie mix as a base these Rocky Road Brownies take very little effort, even the frosting can be mixed in one little bowl and made in the microwave. The hardest thing you are going to have to do is chop a few nuts unless you’re lucky and have some pre-chopped ones hanging out in your freezer.
If you’re against brownie mixes, no problem, just use this Homemade Fudgy Chewy Brownie Recipe and you’ll be all set.
I get so excited to turn a brownie mix into something extra special with little extra effort. If you’re a coconut fan or a German chocolate cake fan you’ve got to try these Amazing German Chocolate Brownies too. Go ahead have yourself a little brownie fest. You deserve it.
- 1 brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions or use my homemade brownie recipe
- 3 cups mini marshmallows or big marshmallows cut into fourths
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds or peanuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Bake brownies in a greased 9x13 pan for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put marshmallows on and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle melted marshmallows with nuts and make frosting.
- Make frosting by combining butter, and cocoa in a microwave safe glass dish that can hold about 3-4 cups.
- Microwave butter and cocoa for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir well with a small whisk. Add powdered sugar and milk, keep whisking until frosting is nice and smooth. (there may be a couple dark spots in the frosting that is normal and is from the cocoa.
- Immediately drizzle the frosting evenly over the brownies allow to cool before serving.