S’mores Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
Rice Krispy Treats and S’mores are probably at the top of any child’s favorite treat list, so you know these delicious little mash-ups of the two are going to be a huge hit.
So go ahead, be the hero!
With schools starting there are lunches that need to be made and after school snacks to be had. With Rice Krispies being so easy to make, I find myself making them alot during the school year. And although I can really never get tired of their deliciousness, I do like to get a little crazy and add things in to them on occasion.
It is easy and fun to turn your regular Rice Krispy Treats into S’more Rice Krispy Treats. All you need are a few graham crackers, some milk chocolate chips and be sure to keep a few of the mini marshmallows out of the sauce pan where you send the rest to melt.
The hardest thing you have to do is chop or break the graham crackers into bite size pieces, and I am sure your kids would love to help with that part. 🙂
- 1 16 ounce package mini marshmallows, separated
- ½ cup of butter
- 7 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 5 large graham crackers, chopped or broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease (using cooking spray or butter) a 9x13 pan and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl combine the Rice Krispies Cereal and the graham cracker pieces
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and ¾ of the marshmallows. (reserve the remaining marshmallows for later) Stir over medium low heat until melted.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture over Rice Krispy mixture and stir until everything is well coated. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to slightly cool and then add remaining marshmallows, and chocolate chips, stir quickly to combine and then pour into 9x13 pan and press it firmly into the pan until evenly distributed. I like to use a sandwich baggie on my hand for that part. (it keeps my hand clean) I rub a little butter or cooking spray on the baggie if it starts sticking.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Keep it Real!!!