My kids get super excited when I make “chicken with bones,” I find this crazy because, as a kid I hated it when my mom made “chicken with bones.” Whether you like your chicken with bones or boneless, you will love these Sticky Teriyaki Baked Chicken Thighs.
The recipe works with bone-in or boneless thighs. If you use boneless you just need to reduce cooking time by 30 minutes.
I’m all about simple dinners and this one can’t get much simpler.
The three ingredient Teriyaki Sauce thickens nicely as the chicken cooks. We like to eat the sticky sauce over rice. In fact people in my family have been known to put a scoop of rice in the empty baking dish to try and soak up every last drop of the sauce.
This recipe uses the same sauce as the popular Teriyaki Chicken recipe on my site, but it is much less labor intensive. I end up making this much more often then I make the regular Teriyaki Chicken. If you like this recipe you will also love my Sweet and Sour Baked Chicken Thighs.
I love that these Sticky Teriyaki Baked Chicken Thighs are simple enough for a weeknight dinner but are also impressive and delicious enough to be served for company. How much do we love meals when it comes easy yet impressive meals when it comes to having company. I’ve got your back friends.
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless
- 3-4 tbsp flour or corn starch if you want it gluten free
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Italian Salad Dressing
- ¼ tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you are preparing the chicken
- Sprinkle 1½-2 tbsp of flour on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Place the chicken thighs face down on the floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle them with the remaining flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, Italian dressing and soy sauce together. Pour over the chicken
- Place uncovered in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes if using boneless thighs and 1 hour and 45 minutes if using bone-in thighs. Turn chicken half way through cooking.
- Serve chicken with rice and vegetables if desired.