We are absolutely loving this new Teriyaki Chicken recipe!!!
The sauce is so easy! Just three ingredients and the simple coating and frying of the chicken pieces is super quick, you can have this ready to go in the oven in no time.
The end result is DELICIOUS! My kids said it was better then their favorite Chinese restaurant! You are going to LOVE IT!
I combined and adapted two great recipes. One is from an ancient church cookbook and the other is Mel’s Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn starch, scant cup
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 3-4 tbsp canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing*
- ¼ cup soy sauce, use Tamari sauce if making gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat eggs and mix in corn starch, garlic salt and pepper until it makes a dredge/batter (if batter is too thick you can add another egg)
- Heat oil in large frying pan on high heat
- Put pieces of chicken into egg/cornstarch mixture and stir until coated
- Place coated chicken in hot frying pan and fry chicken pieces until they are lightly browned on each side
- Transfer browned chicken pieces to a glass 9x13 pan
- Make sauce by whisking together, sugar, Italian salad dressing and soy sauce
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes
- Serve over steamed rice
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
*I use my favorite Homemade Italian Salad dressing