Make sure to follow Real Life Dinner on Facebook and Pinterest! You don’t want to miss any of these fantastic recipes!
My recipe for The Best Toddler Muffins, is one of my most viewed recipes. Apparently making muffins for toddlers is more fun then making them for adults so here is another one of my favorite toddler muffin recipes. Just don’t be surprised when the whole family loves them.
These tasty toddler muffins are packed with bananas, cream cheese, wheat germ, ground flax seed, coconut oil, oatmeal and whole wheat flour.
So many good things to cram into your kiddos (and yourself.) The cream cheese is a fantastic addition and gives the muffins a unique and delicious texture. They’re the perfect snack or breakfast on the go.
This recipe makes two dozen normal sized muffins or four dozen mini muffins and they freeze really well.
*Make sure your bananas are really really ripe to give the muffins optimal sweetness!
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 really ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp wheat germ
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease or put liners in muffin tins
- Cream softened cream cheese, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing.
- Add bananas and vanilla
- Add wheat germ, ground flax seed, oats, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Mix until well combined
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired, and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back or toothpick comes out clean.
- *if using mini muffin tins bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes