Okay friends, you remember Bugle’s right. Those delicious little triangle cone things you could stick on your fingers. Well, guess what? They taste absolutely amazing coated in white chocolate. This White Chocolate Bugle Pretzel Mix is going to blow your mind.
Now, I’m sure any pretzels would work in this mix, but I personally think the flat crisp ones are the best. They have such a nice texture and they are just all around more fun to eat. Throw in some peanuts and M&Ms and you’ve got yourself a winner!
To top it off this whole recipe thing can be thrown together in five minutes. I like to let it set up in the fridge because it’s faster, but it isn’t necessary, it will set up if it is left at room temperature, it will just take a couple hours. And it you don’t want to wait for it to set up….no worries. It tastes great gooey too, your just going to have some really sticky fingers.
*You can use almond bark or white chocolate chips for this recipe. In my experience almond bark is easier to melt without risk of over heating and having the chocolate seize. This is especially true if you are using the microwave to melt your chocolate. If you are using white chocolate chips you will need to add a little oil to the chips when melting. The amounts are in the directions.
Using Holiday colored M&Ms can make this the perfect treat for any Holiday. Perfect treat to take neighbors or teachers for Christmas. Heck, It’s so easy the kids can even make it themselves…now, that’s what I’m talking about!
- 1 (12 oz) package of white chocolate chips or 12 ounces of White Almond Bark *See post above for info on why I prefer almond bark.
- 4 cups of bugles.
- 1 (7.2 oz) bag of pretzel crisps
- 1 cup of M&Ms
- 1 cup of peanuts, I prefer salted
- 2-3 tsp vegetable or canola oil, only if you use white chocolate chips. If you use almond bark you will not need this.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet covered in wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, bugles, pretzels, M&Ms and peanuts, set aside.
- In the microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate or almond bark. If you are using White Chocolate chips add 2 tsp of the oil. Melt until smooth (you may need to add an additional 1 tsp of oil to the melted white chocolate chips if it is not smooth)
- Pour smooth melted chocolate over the bugle pretzel mixture and gently stir until everything is combined.
- Pour coated mixture evenly onto prepared cookie sheet and let cool completely.
- Once the mix is completely cooled and set up you can break apart and server or put in baggies to give as gifts.