Next time you deserve a cookie, make sure it’s one or five of these Out of this World Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.
These cookies don’t give off any “I’m AMAZING” vibes from their appearance. As far as cookies go, they are quite average looking, but take a bite and BOOM BABY, there’s a party in your mouth.
My friend Allison brought some of these back to our college apartment one week after being home for the weekend. After tasting one I begged for the recipe and her mom gave it to me. I can’t believe I haven’t shared these yet. They’re so dang good!
We love these Out of this World Chewy Oatmeal Cookies so much we always double the recipe and keep them in the freezer to pull out for kids lunches. Sometimes they don’t last too long in there because I always find myself sneaking them during nap time or when the kids are in bed for the night because even frozen they are freaking delicious and have an amazing chewy texture that I just can’t get enough.
You don’t have to use coconut oil as part of the butter or shortening in this recipe, but I totally recommend that do. It adds just a hint of coconut to the flavor of the cookies, making them extra amazing.
I like to use half quick oats half regular oats for the oatmeal. If I don’t have quick oats I use all regular and pulse them in my blender or food processor a few times.
These cookies are the Chewiest, most delicious oatmeal cookies i have ever had. They are sweet with the perfect balance of salty, nuttiness. Every time I make them for people I am asked for the recipe. You’re going to love them as much as me. I just know it!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening or coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 cups oatmeal, I like to use half quick oats half regular oats or put all three cups of regular oats into the food processor for a few pulses to break them into smaller pieces.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts, walnuts are our favorite to use in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together, butter, shortening or coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until nice and fluffy. 2-3 minutes
- Add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, mix well add nuts and mix until evenly distributed..
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough balls 2 inches apart on a large cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes