I didn’t even wait until I could get a better picture….that is how crucial I feel it is that you make these ASAP!
Just make sure you invite me to dinner when you make them…..no, really, I’m serious!
These are amazing. I could eat them everyday. It works out perfectly to double the batch of Amazing Spaghetti Sauce and use the leftovers to make these a day or two later.
- 4-5 cups Spaghetti Sauce (I strongly suggest you use this recipe.) But if you have a favorite sauce, by all means use it.
- 24 large macaroni shells
- 1 16 ounce package cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Add uncooked shells to boiling salted water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare filling, by mixing the cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese), the egg, Parmesan cheese, sugar and parsley flakes. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread approx 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the sprayed pan.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain them, and immediately start filling each noodle with a spoonful of the cheese mixture. (Remember you need to feel 24 shells, so don’t stuff them too full.)
- Make three rows of 8 with the shells.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce evenly over the stuffed shells.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese. Return to oven (uncovered) for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Allow shells to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe was originally posted on The Mother Huddle
Keep it Real!!!