This is an awesome, tasty and healthy meal that is ready in thirty minutes or less.
One day when I was grocery shopping with the kids, they were giving samples of these. I liked them so much I have been making my own version ever since.
They are especially good made with my Homemade Re-fried Beans.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper of your choice, I used orange
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, can be canned or fresh
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 15 oz can re-fried beans, or two cups homemade re-fried beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste approx ½ tsp
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8-10 flour tortillas, warmed (I like to wrap my stack in foil and put in a 225 degree oven while I make the bean and veggie mixture)
- Plain greek yogurt or sour cream, for topping, optional
- Salsa, optional
- cheese, optional
- Saute the bell pepper, and onion in the olive oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach and continue to saute veggies until everything is tender and the spinach is wilted
- Add tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and salt, mix until well combined
- Add beans and heat until warmed through
- Taste and add more salt if needed
- Serve with warm tortillas
- You may also serve with plain greek yogurt or sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired.
Keep it Real!!!