Who doesn’t love a good lettuce wrap? These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are going to be your new favorite. So easy to make. Healthy, and delicious. If the kids are against eating them as lettuce wraps just serve some of the meat mixture over rice.
In my opinion, the ultimate feeling of triumph as a mom is the feeling that comes when you sneak vegetables, the kind your child won’t touch with a 10 foot pole, into their meals. For a couple of my kids that’s mushrooms. Guess what, they NEVER even saw them coming in these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. BWHA HA HA! Victory is mine!!!!
I’ve mentioned before that Sweet Chili Sauce is a champion of a sauce and should be given top shelf status in the fridge. I reach for this guy any time I’m making something with an Asian flare. If you are a fan of what it does for these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you’ll love it in my Korean Beef Bowls and Homemade Pot Stickers.
The flavors in these wraps are fantastic. I also love that there are so many different textures going on. It makes every part of my mouth happy. I also served these with chopped cashews or peanuts sprinkled on top(oops, forgot to add that to the pictures). The hint of nutty flavor pairs nicely with the sesame undertones.
I also love to make some cucumber sticks to add to the top for a little extra crunch. So yummy!
And don’t forget to make a little sauce to drizzle on. Combine a tablespoon or two of sweet chili sauce with an equal part of soy sauce.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp seseme oil
- 1 small zucchini
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 green onions
- 10 baby carrots or 2 small carrots
- 2-3 gloves garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce,
- ¼ cup Sweet Chili Sauce (see picture in post) can add little more, to taste, if desired
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Cooked White Rice
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- 1 cup of cucumber sticks or small pieces
- Carefully wash each leaf of the butter lettuce and then dry it( I do this in a salad spinner) but you could use paper towels. Set aside
- Finely chop or grate zucchini, mushrooms, onions, carrots and garlic. (I use my food processor)
- In a large skillet, (I use a deep skillet) add ground chicken and sesame oil cook chicken for 2 minutes on medium high heat and then add all finely chopped veggies. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until meat is done and veggies are tender.
- Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and ground ginger.
- Stir to combine. At this point if there's a lot of liquid in the pan and you want to thicken it, mix ½ tbsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp water in a cup, pour over meat mixture and stir until it thickens. Remove from heat and serve in lettuce leaves with white rice with cucumber sticks and crushed peanuts or cashews.
- You can also make a sauce to drizzle on top by combining equal parts sweet chili sauce and soy sauce. I usually do 2 tbsp of each and it is enough for our family.