My kids are obsessed with shrimp. They’re always begging me to buy shrimp when they come with me to the store. When I saw it on sale last week, I knew I had to get some and wanted to try something new. So I made Baked Butter Garlic Shrimp, and it was a hit.
I loved how easy it was to make and just throw in the oven. It also cooks super-fast, so it can be a really quick dinner.
We were celebrating Mother’s day (a week late because I was out of town over Mother’s Day). We had steak with ours, but I was thinking it would have been fantastic tossed in pasta and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
If you’re a shrimp fan, and a fan of fast and easy meals, this recipe is for you.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 5 tbsp softened butter
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Smear butter evenly over the bottom of the baking dish
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic over the butter
- Add the shrimp, trying not to overlap if possible
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper
- Bake for 7 minutes and then stir/turn the shrimp and bake for 7-10 more minutes, or until shrimp is done.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and squeeze a lemon wedge over it, if desired.
- Serve as a side with steak, or toss the cooked shrimp and butter sauce with pasta. If you do this, cook the pasta while the shrimp is cooking for a quick meal.