A restaurant-quality dinner that’s made from the simplest ingredients. In this Baked Chicken Feta Tomato Pasta recipe, everything (except the pasta) bakes together to make a delicious sauce that is perfect when tossed with your favorite pasta! Serve it with this Easy French Bread and your family will be raving!
I’m not on TikTok, but I keep hearing about this Feta Tomato dinner that is all the rage! A friend posted that she had tried it and it was delish! I decided to give it a try, but you know I can’t leave anything alone. I wanted to add some protein, so chicken was what made sense. Anytime I use chicken, I add a little lemon juice which brings out the flavor, and I knew it would also brighten up the tomatoes in this dish.
I also added a little sprinkle of dried basil over the chicken before baking. Of course, I added a hearty amount of fresh basil and crushed garlic to the finished dish before tossing it with the pasta. This recipe is DELICIOUS! I can’t wait for you to try it and see if you enjoy it as much as I did!
Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
- Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic and Parmesan
- Creamy Cajun Pasta Skillet with Kielbasa
- The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Tortellini Soup
- The Best Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Amazing Manicotti Recipe
Step-by-Step Pictures for How to Make Baked Chicken Feta Tomato Pasta
Tips for making Baked Chicken Feta Tomato Pasta
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces to ensure they cook through.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, dried basil, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss before adding the feta and tomatoes.
- Push the chicken out of the center so the block of feta can fit.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta while the chicken, feta, and tomatoes bake.
- Reserve a half cup of pasta water before draining the noodles in case you need it to thin out the sauce.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and add chopped basil and crushed garlic.
- Stir everything together until the melted feta is completely distributed.
- Toss with the pasta and if needed add a little pasta water to thin the sauce.
- This pasta works great with spiral, penne, or other fun-shaped pasta.
- Serve with French Bread and a salad.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cut chicken pieces into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle them with 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, half of the pepper (I don't really measure that, just shake some on), and the 1 tsp dried basil.
- Scoot the chicken out of the center and place the block of feta there.
- Arrange the tomatoes evenly on top of the chicken. Then pour ½ cup of olive oil evenly over everything and sprinkle with the remaining ½ tsp salt and a little more pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in salted water (1½-2 tsp salt) while the chicken cooks. (Before draining the water, reserve 1 cup in case you want to thin out the sauce.)
- After 35 minutes, remove the chicken dish and add the chopped basil and crushed garlic. Stir well until the melted feta is completely distributed.
- Add the drained pasta and toss until coated. Serve with French Bread and/or a salad.
Don't Forget Dessert!