Baked Honey Curry Chicken with Green Beans
A few years ago I accidentally created a recipe for Honey Curry Chicken my family LOVED it. It quickly became one of our favorite recipes.. I shared the recipe with friends and one told me that she made it and added frozen green beans.
I started making it that way and love that it simplifies life by having the veggie/side dish right in the meal, and the flavor is delicious! I have also added fresh mushrooms with the green beans and love how that turns out too.
Adding green beans or not this is definitely a recipe you are going to want to work in your menu rotation!
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, 1 inch cubes uncooked
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb of frozen or fresh green beans
- 5 TBSP honey
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (use green and white parts)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a glass 9×13 pan.
- In a gallon sized zip lock bag or large container with an air tight lid, combine flour, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt and ⅛ pepper. Mix well and then add raw chicken chunks and shake until chicken is evenly coated with flour mixture.
- Place coated chicken evenly in the greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 40 minutes flipping (stirring) the chicken once half way through.
- While chicken is cooking make the glaze by combining all glaze ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisking them together until well combined.
- After chicken has cooked for 40 minutes, increase oven temperature to 400° sprinkle frozen or fresh green beans over chicken and evenly pour glaze over the chicken and beans. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until beans are cooked. Serve over white rice.
If you like this, you'll love these