They freeze really well too. However, my family usually eats them up to fast to put any in the freezer. I need to remember that next time I make them and double the recipe.
- 2-3 large ripe bananas
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup flour
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly
- Add vanilla, sugar, slightly beaten egg and mix into banana until well combined
- Add the melted butter
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until everything is wet, About 10-12 strokes.
- Add the chocolate chips (as many as you prefer) I only do about ½-3/4 cup.Stir a few times until mixed throughout muffin batter
- Scoop batter into prepared tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
I have another Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe I love. I posted it last year on The Mother Huddle. It has a few not so basic ingredients, but is a little healthier. Have a look. They are both AWESOME recipes!!!
If you are more of a blueberry muffin kind of person, try these No-Fail Blueberry Muffins.
Keep it Real!!!