I happen to have the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, and today I decided to try it as a Banana Nut Muffins Recipe by subbing out the chocolate chips for walnuts. Dang! They are so good. This banana muffin base recipe is the bomb! If you love banana nut muffins or have someone in your life who does, this recipe is for you! You’re going to love it!
One of my favorite things about this easy muffin recipe is that it can be made sooooo fast! It only takes a few minutes to mix up. You don’t even need a mixer. My 3-year-old, Cooper, loves to help make muffins, so we make a lot of muffins. I love that this is a recipe he can help with so easily because the ingredients and steps for mixing are so simple. He especially loves smashing the bananas and putting the liners in the muffin tin.
The flavor of these delicious muffins is slightly buttery, with plenty of banana taste, and then interspersed bites of chopped walnuts to give the perfect offset to the sweetness. They are perfect, and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
- Refrigerator Bran Muffins
- Amazing Fresh Peach Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins with Streusel Topping
- The BEST Toddler Muffins
- Toddler Muffins with Banana, Cream Cheese and Oatmeal
STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES ON HOW TO MAKE BANANA NUT MUFFINS RECIPE
Frequently Asked Questions on how to make Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
If I want to add cinnamon to the batter, how much do you recommend?
If you want to add cinnamon to the batter, I recommend 1/2 tsp up to 1 tsp.
can i use whole wheat flour in this recipe?
Instead of the 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, you can use 1/2 cup whole wheat flour with 1 cup of all-purpose flour. I do not recommend using all whole wheat flour in this recipe. They would turn out really dense. If you’re looking for a banana muffin recipe made with all whole wheat flour, try my Whole Wheat Banana Muffins with Coconut Oil and Greek Yogurt.
i want to add chocolate chips, too. How much should I add?
If you’re using walnuts, too, you can also add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter. In the alternative, you could sprinkle each muffin top with chocolate chips.
can i double this recipe?
Yes, absolutely. If your family is anything like mine, you will need more than 12 muffins. They disappear fast at our house.
- 2-3 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Next, add sugar, slightly beaten egg, and vanilla. Mix into the mashed bananas until well combined.
- Now add the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until everything is wet, about 10-12 strokes.
- Add the chopped walnuts. Stir a few times until mixed throughout muffin batter.
- Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Try these Breakfast Recipes