My friend, Kathryn, made the Best Ever White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies for a church potluck. Normally, I would never pick that type of cookie, but I decided to give it a try. I was blown away by how good it was! Not only has Kathryn given me this incredible recipe, she has also shared her delicious Corn Chowder with me. Friends are the best!
Kathryn got this cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe from her friend, Courtney. Having said that, “Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life.” 🙂 Courtney told Kathryn she combined two of her favorite cookie recipes to come up with this gem. It really is perfection! You are going to love them!
The texture and flavor combination of the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, along with a dash of cinnamon, makes these cookies amazing. Since getting the recipe, I have made them 5 times within the last month. That’s more than once a week. 😉 Everyone I have made them for raves about how good they are.
With the holidays coming up, these cookies are perfect for a cookie exchange, to give to a neighbor, or taking to a work party. Put them on your holiday baking list. You will not be disappointed. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do
More Must-Make Cookies
- Shanna’s Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Better than the Bakery Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Lemon Meltway Cookies
- Grandma’s Monster Cookies
- The Best Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies
STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES ON HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EVER WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Tips for making the Best Ever White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- In place of the butter, you can use margarine, but I prefer the flavor the butter gives the cookies.
- As a substitute, you can use white chocolate chunks if you don’t have white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to maintain a similar size and shape for each cookie.
- To easily clean the cookie sheets when finished, use parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (a couple of shakes)
- 2 cups Craisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet batter mixture. Mix until well combined. The batter will still be wet-like after combing the two mixtures.
- Add the Craisins and white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough onto the cookie sheet two inches apart to allow room for spreading. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.