I’m not kidding when I say that these Better than the Bakery Peanut Butter M&M Cookies will change your life.
My quality of life improved by at least 75% after I got this recipe so I am sure it will be the same for you…if not more.
My friends husband makes these all the time (he uses chocolate chips instead of M&Ms though) and after I had Charlotte my friend brought me some to the hospital.
They tasted like Manna from Heaven. I LOVED THEM!!! I am pretty sure they are the sole reason why all I can remember form Charlotte’s first year of life are butterflies and rainbows.
I have since begged for the recipe and can now enjoy them anytime I want.
Make them with M&M’s or Chocolate chips, whatever makes you happy.
But it’s no joke that these are even better then the best bakery. You’re going to love them as much as I do.
To make these cookies really seem like they came from a bakery, I like to make them nice and big. I use a 3 or 4 tablespoon cookie scoop instead of the regular 2 tbsp one I usually use for cookies.
Also, the dipping the top of the cookie ball in sugar is a very important part, don’t skip it.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Peanut Butter, I like creamy
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt, I use coarse sea salt, it's the bomb
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&Ms or chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp granulated white sugar for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare two cookie sheets by lightly spraying them with cooking spray and setting them aside
- In a large mixing bowl or in your stand mixer, cream the brown sugar, peanut butter and softened butter for 1 min. Add egg and cream mixture for an additional minute.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, Mix until well combined, Stir in M&Ms or chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough to make a dough ball, dip top of dough ball in granulated sugar and then place cookie dough balls, 2-3 inches apart on cookie sheet. (I like to use a large cookie scoop for these cookies so they look like they are from the bakery.)
- You can place a few more M&Ms on top of cookies if desired
- Bake for 9-10 minutes at 375 degrees or until cookies are starting to turn light brown on the edges.
- Let cookies remain on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.