Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostadas
We love these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostadas. They are great way to use up leftover baked/roasted sweet potatoes. The flavor combination of the sweet potatoes with the black beans and monteray jack cheese is perfect…..and so simple.
Aren’t tostadas great. They make a simple and fun snack or can even pass as a quick meal. Kids will generally eat about anything if it is on a tostada shell, so make the most of it and pile on super foods, like sweet potatoes and black beans.
Possibilities for topping options are basically endless. Over on The Mother Huddle today, Destri posted 12 Simple ideas for topping tostadas. I’m dying to try the tomato and avacado idea!
- Tostada shells
- Sweet Potato, baked or roasted and then mashed until smooth
- Black beans
- Monteray Jack cheese, shredded
- Cilantro (optional)
- Spread mashed sweet potato onto tostada shell
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup black beans
- Top with shredded cheese
- Broil in toaster oven or in stove until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves if you desire
Keep it Real!