The zippy dressing makes this Black Bean Avocado Salsa Recipe addicting. The creamy avocados, tomatoes, onions, and hint of cilantro pair perfectly with the black beans and corn. As much as I love my Texas Caviar recipe, I love that this recipe includes avocado, and I’m telling you, this dressing is so zippy and delicious. It’s the best!
My friend, Kathryn, brought this salsa dip over on New Year’s Eve. After one bite, I just had to know what the dressing was on the salsa. I couldn’t stay out of it. To my surprise, the dressing is super simple. It’s an Italian dressing mix made as directed, except you omit the water and reduce the oil to 1/4 cup. It makes it so full of flavor. I love what it does for the overall flavor of the recipe.
Years ago my friend, Toni, gave me a tip for any time I make an Italian dressing mix. Using seasoned rice wine vinegar adds a little more zip and a delicious flavor. I always use seasoned rice wine vinegar in my Italian dressing now, store-bought packet or even my homemade version.
I am so excited for you to make this delicious Black Bean Avocado Salsa Recipe. It is delicious and a perfect appetizer for any time of year, but especially during the summer at potlucks and barbecues.
More Awesome Salsa Recipes
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
- Copycat Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Ultimate Seven Layer Dip
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Step-by-step pictures for how to make Black Bean Avocado Salsa
Tips for making this Black Bean Avocado Salsa Recipe
- Make the salsa at least an hour or two before serving to give the flavors time to meld.
- For the onions, you can use any of the following, just be sure to add some onion–red onion, sweet white onion, green onions, chives.
- Dice the onions and tomatoes to be about the same size as the beans and corn.
- Remove the stems from the cilantro. Only use the leaves.
- Use sweet corn if possible. Regular corn will be fine too, but sweet corn makes it extra yummy.
- Dice avocados into 1/2 inch pieces so they are a little larger than everything else in the salsa. They are the star after all. 🙂
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for dipping or use as a side dish for chicken and fish.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup diced red onion or white sweet onion or 3-4 sliced green onions
- 6-7 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 2 ripe avocados, diced ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- Place the beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, avocado, and cilantro in a medium or large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Italian salad dressing mix, oil, and vinegar.
- Pour dressing over ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir until everything is coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite corn chips.
The Best Dessert Appetizers