I got the two-thumbs up “lets have this again… tomorrow,” kind of approval.
….and the best part is they were crazy easy!
If you have some frozen pre-breaded chicken strips in your freezer along with a steam-able bag of frozen broccoli, you’re golden. (I think these would also work really well with any type of chicken, rotisserie or just pre-cooked chicken breast if you have it on hand.)
You can add a drizzle of ranch dressing over them too, if you like a little extra pizzazz!
Now, you may notice that the cheese is nicely melted on this little tacos. My new favorite way to do soft tacos is to put them together and then put them in the oven for just a few minutes to melt the cheese.
I have become a melted cheese on my taco, snob. It is just so tasty.
You can either put it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes…just until they are melted, but this can sometimes make your tortilla a bit crunchy, so I usually opt for putting them in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- 8 fajita sized tortillas
- 6 large breaded chicken strips, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces (I cooked mine in my toaster oven it took about 20 minutes)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, steamed and chopped into bite size pieces (I cooked the broccoli while the chicken was cooking.)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Arrange tortillas on a large cookie sheet. It is okay if they overlap slightly, you will only be putting ingredients on one side of the tortilla.
- Place an equal amount of chicken and broccoli on one side of each tortilla
- Sprinkle a little cheese over the chicken and broccoli on each tortilla.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Do not over cook or the tortillas will get a little crunchy. (if you prefer you can broil them to melt the cheese, but be careful not to leave them in to long and make the tortillas crunchy.)
- Fold in half and serve with ranch if desired.
And there you have it a super easy weeknight dinner.
Keep it Real!!!