I love Peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with a mixture of melted chocolate and butterscotch chips, and I have even paired them up in fudge, so I knew this was gonna be good…..and boy is it. I don’t think I will be able to eat regular puppy chow anymore. The extra little “amazing factor” from the added butterscotch chips is addicting!
And let’s talk about how fast and simple puppy chow is to make. It is one of those treats you can whip up in five minutes and even better everything you need to make it can be stored in the pantry so you can keep it on hand. Having all the ingredients on hand can be a bit dangerous though….at least for a sugar addict like me.
- 9 cups chex cereal, I like rice or corn
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- Put 9 cups of chex in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combined butterscotch and chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Cook in microwave for one minute. Take out and stir. Return to microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in Vanilla
- Pour chocolate mixture over chex and stir until evenly coated
- Put ½ of the coated chex into a gallon size Ziploc bag and pour in ¾ cup of the powdered sugar. Seal and Shake until evenly coated with powdered sugar. Pour into a bowl or clean bag and put remaining chocolate coated chex and powdered sugar into the gallon size bag and shake until covered.
- Keep in an airtight container and refrigerate if desired. I like them refrigerated.