With apples at their prime right now, I have been serving them any chance I get. Last week I made this Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip for a play-date lunch with some friends and it was a hit. Even the pickiest eater gobbled it right up.
I wanted a dip that had my favorite flavors from the good ol’ brown sugar, cream cheese dip that is very popular with apples, but I wanted to try and make it a little smoother and easier to dip and I also wanted to incorporate caramel. Because Caramel!
The recipe couldn’t be more simple. The most important thing is to make sure your cream cheese is really soft before you try to beat the other ingredients into it. You don’t want any lumps. You can set it out at least 4-6 hours in advance or you can microwave it for about 45-60 seconds.
I like to use the bottled Caramel Ice Cream Topping from Aldi’s, but any thick caramel ice cream topping will work.
The results turned out even better then I had hoped. The dip is delicious and very smooth and easy to dip apples in to. I finished it off with a handful of chopped peanuts, but another great option would be toffee bits.
If your a big fan of caramel, or cheesecake or apples, give this fun and beautiful recipe a try!
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese package, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½-1 cup caramel ice cream topping (I get mine at Aldi, see picture above)
- 2-3 tbsp peanuts, finely chopped or toffee pieces
- Apples of your choice, sliced
- Use a whisk or hand mixer to beat softened cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Spread into a 8x8 or 9x9 serving dish.
- Drizzle caramel evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with chopped peanuts. Cover and refrigerate before serving. Can last in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serve with sliced apples of your choice, I personally like Gala, or Honey Crisp.