Chewy, chocolate-y with plenty of minty cookie chunks and a few milk chocolate chips for good measure! Yum, these were the perfect cookie to help me through the rough day I had Thursday.
What? You don’t have any Mint Oreos right now. Don’t worry, it is okay, just lick your computer screen and you can taste one of my cookies. Did it work? Shoot. I guess you are gonna have to run to the store.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 12-15 chopped Mint Oreos
- ½ cup milk or white chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350
- combine butter, Crisco and sugars in a mixing bowl
- mix on medium high until completely combined
- add eggs and vanilla, continue mixing
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa, and flour.
- slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture as it mixes on low
- add cookies and chocolate chips and mix very gently until just combined
- using a cookie scoop arrange scoops of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Centers may appear a little underdone, but take them out and let them sit on cookie sheet for a minute or two and then transfer to a cooling rack
Adapted from Cadbury Egg Cookies, from Our Best Bites
Keep it Real!