I’m typically more of a classic Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie girl. Some friends brought over some Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies a few weeks ago, and holy smokes…they were delicious! So soft and chewy!
The soft and chewy texture of these cookies is so addicting and perfect. They kind of remind me of my Grandma’s Monster Cookies. Seriously! That chew is soooo good.
To be honest, these cookies don’t come out looking as pretty as some cookie recipes, but sometimes you have to sacrifice looking pretty to be extra chewy and delicious. Trust me when I say they won’t last long. Sooooo good!
FYI: I have also tried these Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with white chocolate chips, and they were fantastic!
The Best Cookie and Cookie Bar Recipes
- Homemade Cake Mix Oreo Cookies
- Swig Sugar Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Bars
- Better than the Bakery Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- The Best Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Classic No-Bake Cookies
How to make Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Frequently Asked Questions About Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Can I use regular Rolled oats or do I have to use quick oats?
Quick oats and steel-cut oats work better than regular rolled oats. Rolled oats will still work, but the cookies will be a little flatter and have a different overall look.
how many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 3 dozen regular-sized cookies.
what type of chocolate chips do you recommend?
I prefer milk chocolate or white chocolate chips in this recipe. Semi-sweet chips are also a great choice. Another recommendation is to add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon or orange extract and use butterscotch chips.
Can these cookies be frozen?
If I don’t have brown sugar can I use all white sugar?
Brown sugar is actually an important part of this recipe and makes them extra chewy. If you don’t have any and you still want to try the recipe, you can use all regular granulated sugar and add 1 tbsp of molasses.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two cookie sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar for two minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Next, add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Gently mix in the oatmeal and then add the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place each scoop of dough two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.