I am baffled by how popular this Chicken and Black Bean Chilaquiles recipe is at my house. The first time I made it I just knew it would be a flop, but to my surprise…..
My kids demolished this casserole. Conner even said we should call it The Thousand Dollar Casserole because it would win a cooking contest. Too funny.
I personally like it because it is so easy to throw together and uses ingredients I almost always have on hand. Don’t be surprised when you are fighting our 10 year old for the last serving.
- 4-6 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups salsa, I used medium
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Lightly spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray (if using a pampered chef stone, you can skip this step
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a saucepan combine salsa and chicken broth, bring to a simmer
- Add shredded chicken and black beans and simmer until warmed through
- Add sour cream and mix until well combined, remove from heat
- Layer ½ of the chips, chicken mixture and cheese in 9×13 repeat with other half of ingredients
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove and garnish with cilantro if desired