Chicken Thighs are quickly becoming one of my favorite meats. I love how moist they are and they are usually a really good price at my grocery store. We’ve started incorporating them into lots of our favorite meals.
My kids are kind of funny and absolutely love eating chicken on the bone so I buy bone-in thighs, but boneless will work just great in this recipe.
Recipes like this one are awesome because they can be adapted to fit your family and what you have on hand. Don’t like Chicken thighs? No Problem, use drumsticks or breasts. Don’t like green beans? No problem, leave them out.
Seriously, you can’t mess up this recipe. Use whatever veggies you have on hand and whatever type of chicken you like.
I love how cooking the chicken on top of the vegetables gives the veggies an extra level of flavor. YUM!
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, just peeled not chopped or crushed
- 3-4 large carrots or 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2-3 cups frozen green beans
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I use about 1½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper)
- 6-8 chicken thighs, (I use bone in and remove the skins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and chop veggies, I like chop them into approx 1 inch pieces
- Toss all veggies, including onion and garlic, in olive oil and salt and pepper (I just did this in my 9x13 pan so I wouldn't dirty another dish)
- Place all veggies in a 9x13 dish and top with the chicken thighs
- Sprinkle lemon juice over chicken thighs and also salt and pepper them individually
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, remove foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes-1 hour.
- That's it, your done. 🙂