Muddy buddies are such a fun and simple treat to whip up for a game night or any occasion that calls for a sweet treat. Over the years, I’ve had fun experimenting with different flavors like Mint Oreo, Funfetti, and this delicious butterscotch-scotcheroo flavor. Last week, we decided to try making churro-flavored muddy buddies. It worked great, and they are soooo easy to make, even easier than typical muddy buddy recipes.
This recipe is so simple because instead of chocolate chips and peanut butter or other mix-ins, all you need is vanilla almond bark and cinnamon sugar. These came together in what felt like seconds. As I was making these, I realized it would be fun and taste awesome to add in some pretzels or peanuts. We can’t wait to try it that way next time. The 24 ounces of almond bark is enough to cover 10 cups of Chex Mix. So if you decide to add other mix-ins, just make sure you keep the amount of cereal/mix-ins to 10 cups, and it will still work great!
I hope you enjoy this fun and simple recipe.
Delicious Treats with Cereal
- Best Ever Chewy Chex Mix
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- Butterscotch Crunch Fudge
- No-bake S’more Krispie Treats
- Amazing Samoa Rice Krispie Treats
- Fruity Pebble Treats
Step-by-Step Photos for How to Make Churro Muddy Buddies
Tips for How to Make Churro Muddy Buddies
- You can use Rice or Corn Chex Cereal or a combination of both.
- When pouring the cereal into the bowl, be careful not to add the powdery crumbs at the bottom of the bag.
- Make sure to cover the cookie sheet with a baking mat, wax paper, or parchment paper.
- If you don’t have almond bark, white chocolate chips are a good substitute. You will need two 12 oz bags of white chocolate chips, and I recommend adding 2 tsp canola oil during the melting process. Be careful not to overheat.
- It would be fun and taste awesome to add in some pretzels or peanuts, keeping in mind you will need to make sure the amount of cereal/mix-ins is 10 cups. The 24 ounces of almond bark is only enough to cover 10 cups of cereal/mix-ins.
- Place in the fridge to help the mixture set up faster.
- Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.
- Large Mixing Bowls
- White Almond Bark
- Cookie Sheet
- Silpat Baking Mat
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- 1 (12 ounce) box of Rice or Corn Chex Cereal (10 cups)
- 24 ounces of white almond bark
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pour the Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl. Be careful not to get the powdery crumbs at the bottom of the bag. It should be 10 cups.
- In a small bowl, stir the granulated sugar and the ground cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe glass dish, melt the almond bark in the microwave. Start out with 1 minute in the microwave, stir, and then do 30-second intervals until almond bark is melted and smooth.
- Next, pour the melted almond bark into the Chex cereal and mix until each piece is covered.
- Pour the cereal out onto a cookie sheet that is covered with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Once the mixture is evenly spread over the cookie sheet, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the Chex mix. If you have more cinnamon sugar, try to flip the mix over in small portions, and then sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar over it.
- Let cool completely, and then break apart into pieces and enjoy!
Quick and Easy Dinners