Attention Guacamole fans!
I must say, the most important thing about getting guacamole right is perfectly ripe avocado’s. Don’t try to force them to early! Go check out the recipe to see what else I consider to be essential components of an awesome guacamole!
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pealed, de-pitted and largely diced (reserve the pits)
- 2 tbsp-1/4 cup finely diced onion, I prefer red onion (Adjust amount according to how strong onions flavor is)
- ¼ cup diced green chilies, that is half of a 4 oz can
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 medium or two small segments of garlic, crushed
- ⅔ cup diced roma or plum tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a gallon size Ziploc Bag combine all ingredients
- Seal bag and using your hands mush together until things are blended to your preferred consistency.
- taste guacamole and add salt and pepper and more lime juice if needed
- Clip edge of bag and squeeze into serving bowl.
- Place pit or pits into the prepared guacamole, this will keep it looking fresh longer
Click the following link and scroll to the bottom for pictures of how to make guacamole in a zip lock bag. If you prefer you can, of course, smash the avocados with a fork and mix it in a bowl by hand.
Keep it Real!