Few foods are more comforting then good ol’ meatloaf. My mom made this Classic Meatloaf Recipe all the time when I was growing up. It’s pretty much perfect, and it’s incredibly easy to mix up.
Truth be told, I’m always a little shocked by how excited my kids get when I make meatloaf. I mean it’s meatloaf. Isn’t there a rule somewhere that kids aren’t supposed to like it? I always thought I was just one of those weird kids who actually liked it.
Apparently I was wrong, because it’s definitely a hot commodity at our house. There’s never even a tiny piece left in the pan, and there may or may not always be a fight over the last piece.
If you love easy comfort foods, you will also love my Easy Baked Pork Roast
I love that the recipe calls for oatmeal, a little added fiber, but if you don’t have any or are a little freaked out by adding oatmeal, you can use crushed soda crackers or bread ripped into tiny pieces.
The sweet ketchup-based glaze that goes on the top is optional. We love to serve meatloaf with baked potatoes and broccoli or green beans. We love butter and homemade Ranch dressing as a topping on our baked potatoes.
Yum, just thinking about this meal has me drooling. It’s such a great no-fuss dinner that comforts you to the core. And seriously, you also need to try this Easy Baked Pork Roast. It’s fabulous!
Meatloaf pans are the bomb! They drain the fat themselves so you don’t have to. I’m hoping Santa brings me one.
Meat Loaf Pans on Amazon
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ¾ cup quick oatmeal
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion, finely diced (or grate it if your kids will freak out if they see a piece of onion)
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat. This only takes 30 seconds or so, you do not want to over mix.
- Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you like this meatloaf recipe, do yourself a favor and try my WORLDS EASIEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPE. You will LOVE it!