I used my favorite Coconut Cream Pie recipe and adapted it to make these delicious Coconut Cream Pastry Bites. Boom Baby!
The bites are awesome because not only do they have all the delicious flavor of coconut cream pie, but they’re also a convenient little package you can eat with your hands. Perfect for little kids or for parties that call for mini desserts.
The cream filling is perfection and is so easy to whip together because it uses instant coconut cream pudding. If your grocery store doesn’t carry it you can order it on amazon. Coconut Cream Pudding
I like to toast the coconut I sprinkle on top in the microwave, but you can do it on the stove top or in the oven if you prefer.
The mini fillo pastry shells are in the frozen isle near the Cool Whip and Phyllo dough. You can use them straight out of the package or you can put them in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes to give them a little extra crispness.
Pastry bite desserts are so much fun. One of my other favorite’s are these Amazing Strawberry Cheesecake Pastry Bites.
The Coconut Cream Pie recipe that I used as inspiration for these pastry bites is one of my most popular recipes. With good reason, it’s absolutely delicious. Make sure to give it a try too.
- 1 3.4oz box of Jello instant coconut cream pudding
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2-3 drops of coconut extract
- 2 pkg mini fillo pastry shells (they have 15 little shells in each one) Remember they are inteh freezer section.
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- In a small bowl whish together the instant coconut cream pudding, heavy cream, milk, sour cream and coconut extract
- Remove shells from packaging. If desired you can bake them for 3-4 minutes in a 350 degree oven for extra crispness. If you do this remember to let them cool completely before filling.
- Using a small spoon, scoop about a tablespoon of mixture into each shell. Another option is to put mixture into a ziploc bag and snip the corner and squeeze filling into shells.
- Put a small dollop of Cool Whip (you can put this in a ziploc bag like the pudding if you want more control over making them all look the same) on top of pudding mixture and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Best if served as soon as possible. Pastry shells start to loose crispness when kept in the fridge for longer then a couple hours.