Tangy, slightly sweet, and just a hint of smokiness, Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce is a must for dipping delicious Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets.
From the moment I had my first taste of Chick-fil-A Sauce, it was love at first bite. It’s my favorite sauce they offer, and I love dipping my chicken nuggets or my waffle fries in it. SO GOOD!
When I decided to recreate a Chick-fil-A dinner for my family, I knew I needed to try whipping up a Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce. It turned out awesome and really made it feel like we were at Chick-fil-A.
The ingredients might surprise you a little bit. I researched a bunch of copycat recipes for the sauce and was surprised at how much mustard is in the sauce. I didn’t see that coming, but it is a vital part of getting the flavor just right.
The smokiness is also an important part of the flavor in this sauce. The recipe calls for barbecue sauce, so if you use a really smoky one, you probably won’t need to add anything else. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original barbecue sauce and felt like it still needed a little more smokiness, so I added 1/8th teaspoon of smoked paprika. Another option to add some additional smokiness would be a drop or two of liquid smoke.
I can’t wait for you to taste this. It’s almost a perfect copycat recipe for Chick-fil-A Sauce. I think you’re going to love it!
More Copycat Recipes You’ll Love
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Copy Cat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
- Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Jamboree
- Copy Cat Diner Style Pancakes
Step-by-step pictures for how to make Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
Frequently asked questions about making Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce:
Does it matter what brand of mayo I use?
What type of barbecue sauce do you recommend?
Is this Copycat Chick-fil-A sauce gluten-free?
To make sure it is gluten-free you will need to check the barbecue sauce that you use. Otherwise, all the other ingredients should be gluten-free.
How much sauce does this recipe make?
You will get about a cup and a half of sauce from this recipe.
If I only have regular mustard will this recipe still work?
The Dijon mustard really adds to the flavor, but you could probably still get a close replica if you only have regular mustard. I would start by only adding the amount of regular mustard that is called for, and then taste it before deciding if you want to add more in place of the Dijon mustard.
How long will leftover sauce last in the fridge?
If kept in an airtight container, this sauce can stay good in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
Click here for the Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets recipe.
- ½ cup +2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp regular yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛-1/4 tsp smoked paprika or 1-2 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, honey, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix and taste.
- Depending on what barbecue sauce you use, you may need to add a little more smokiness. You can do so by adding either ⅛ tsp smoked paprika or a drop or two of liquid smoke.
- Mix well and enjoy with Copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets.
- **For optimal sauce flavor make it at least 30 minutes before serving so flavors have a chance to mingle.
Other Homemade Dressings