I already have a Pico de Gallo Recipe on my site that I use all the time! When I was recreating an authentic Chipotle dinner, I wanted to see if there was anything different about Chipotle Pico de Gallo because I’ve always really loved it. In my research, I found that Chipotle Pico de Gallo has lemon juice in it. So you know I had to make it and share it with you! You’re going to love this Copycat Chipotle Pico de Gallo!
Every time I would go to Chipotle, whether it was a salad, burrito bowl, or burrito, I always asked for two scoops of pico. I just love that stuff! Turns out my daughter is a huge fan, too. I thought for sure I made enough to have leftovers, but between her and me, the bowl was pretty much scraped clean! I’m super excited for you to try this recipe, especially if you’re a Chipotle fan!
This Recipe Pairs Perfectly with…
- Copycat Chipotle Beef Barbacoa
- Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Easy Tex-Mex Shredded Pork
- Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
Step-by-Step Instructions for how to make copycat chipotle pico de gallo
Tips for Making Copycat Chipotle Pico de Gallo
- With pico de gallo, it’s all about the ratio. For Copycat Chipotle Pico de Gallo, you want to make sure the mixture is heavier with tomatoes than onions.
- To avoid cilantro stems in the mixture, pull the leaves off the stems before cutting the cilantro.
- Use a food processor to finely chop the onions, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers together. When they’re all finely chopped, add them to the diced tomatoes.
- Place the lemon and lime separately in the microwave for 10 seconds each before squeezing the juice out. With this step, you will get more juice out of them. If you use a lot of fresh lemon juice or lime juice in your cooking, invest in buying a citrus juicer. It will be worth it!
- 1 lb vine-ripened or Roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and jalapenos in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Start by adding a tbsp each of the lemon and lime juice and ¼ tsp salt. Taste and adjust the lemon juice, lime juice, and salt as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Mexican Food Recipes