A few weeks ago I made a quick stop at Trader Joe’s and they were handing out samples of a delicious Zucchini Alfredo Casserole. I had all of my kids with me and they all loved it, especially my two year old. He ate his and most of mine. I knew immediately that I had to recreate this dish at home.
The lady handing out the samples was kind enough to tell me what was in it, so I gathered up the ingredients and made it for our family the next Sunday. We loved it.
It’s a very basic and simple recipe. All you need are some sliced zucchini (I like a mix of zucchini and yellow squash), some alfredo sauce, panko bread crumbs and a little lemon pepper.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you don’t worry. You can just use your favorite Alfredo sauce, although I gotta say, theirs is delicious!
This Zucchini Alfredo Casserole makes a great side dish, or you could add some diced chicken in there and make it a meal. I love that it is simple to throw together and can be tossed in the oven and forgotten for an hour or so. I have a serious love for chop, toss and bake recipes. Give it a try, I bet you’ll love it too!
- 1 bottle of your favorite Alfredo Sauce
- 8-10 cup sliced zucchini, The thinner the slices the faster they will cook (approx 4-5 small/medium sized zucchinis)
- 1¼ cups panko bread crumbs, unseasoned
- ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine sliced zucchini, Alfredo sauce, ½ a cup of the bread crumbs, lemon pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish and cover the top with the remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until zucchini is tender and bread crumbs are toasted.