Lets face it, cranberries get a bad rap. People generally love them or hate them, not leaving a whole lot of room for fence sitters.
I have to admit, five years ago I would’ve been dangerously close to the hater’s side of the fence. However, this Cranberry Salsa and this recipe for Cranberry Sauce, threw me right over onto the LOVE side baby, and I’m not turning back.
If you ever need a boost of confidence in your cooking abilities just make a batch of this salsa and take it to a party.
EVERY TIME I make this recipe for a party, I get mondo amounts of compliments and numerous requests for the recipe…I leave feeling pretty awesome about myself.
You can eat it plain, but we prefer our Cranberry Salsa over cream cheese. The flavors compliment each other PERFECTLY!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of fresh cranberries
- 5-6 green onions
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro (approx ½ a bunch..try to avoid the stems)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (leave a few seeds in if you want some heat)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened (optional)
- Corn chips or crackers of your choice
- Pulse cranberries, green onions, jalapeno and cilantro in your food processor or blender until desired consistency
- Scoop into a bowl and add sugar and cumin, stir until well combined
- Allow to chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with chips and crackers,
- **If you want to serve it with cream cheese, I have found the best way is to spread the cream cheese evenly on the bottom of a 8x8 serving dish and then spread the salsa on top of it.
**I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Becky, who got it from a neighbor…sorry I don’t know the original source.
Keep it Real!!!