The only name I could think of to even remotely address the delicious-ness of this easy ten minute fudge recipe is, Crazy Good Mint Fudge. (See the video below to see how quickly this amazing fudge comes together.)
The Hershey Cookie Crunch Mint bars chopped on the bottom, the creamy fudge and the smooth layer of minty chocolate on top, are a combo that could make anyone go a little weak in the knees.
My sister kept telling me that her friend Marci had the most amazing fudge recipe and that I needed to try it. I finally got it from her a few weeks ago, and I haven’t stopped making fudge since.
Seriously, I’ve got quite the line up of awesome fudge recipes headed your way in the next couple weeks.
Marci’s recipe is sooo fast, sooo easy and soooooo versitle!
Basically you create the fudge with sweet and condensed milk, chocolate chips of your choice (milk or white), and then pick whatever mix-ins you want. Having a crunchy candy bar or some type of solid candy (think Reese’s Cups) on the bottom and then making sure to have a thin layer of some type of smooth chocolate on top, makes for a perfect balance of texture.
The way my sister raved about this fudge, I have to admit, I was ready to be underwhelmed. You know how it is. Sometimes people make such a big deal out of something that by the time you taste it you’re expecting it to blow your mind, and then you taste it and it’s good but your a little disappointed when you head doesn’t pop off.
Well, I was ready for that disappointment. Lets just say, after tasting it, I didn’t think my sister had RAVED ENOUGH about it. It was AMAZING!
I think part of the reason I was expecting to be underwhelmed was because a few years ago I tried a fudge recipe that was made with sweet and condensed milk and it was just so, so. In fact, it had a weird, almost chewy consistency, instead of the good ‘ol fudge consistency I was hoping for.
I thought the fudge would come out the same way with this recipe. In fact I almost used my old faithful recipe and just added fancy add-ins, but decided to give Marci’s way a shot.
BOY, AM I GLAD I DID! Such an amazing fudge!!! I can’t wait for you to try this Crazy Good Mint Fudge and the other delicious variations I’ve got coming your way!
Here are pictures of the products I used. I know some people haven’t heard about these Hershey Cookie Crunch Bars yet, they’re kind of new.
I see a very “sweet” Holiday Season in your future! (wink, wink)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweet and condensed milk
- 3 cups of milk chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are my favorite for this)
- 1 tsp vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 10 Hershey Cookie Crunch Mint Bars (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup Andes Mint Chips
- Line a 8x8 square baking dish with wax paper or parchment paper, set aside.
- Chop the Hershey Cookie Crunch Mint Bars and sprinkle them on the bottom of the 8x8 dish.
- In a small sauce pan heat the sweet and condensed milk until it is hot but not boiling. Stir often and when it is getting hot the edges will make a sizzle sound when you stir along the edge.
- Remove from heat and stir in the three cups of chocolate chips. When the chocolate chips are halfway mixed in add the vanilla and mix the rest of the way until nice and smooth. (Work quickly here so the fudge is still soft and easy to spread)
- Spread fudge over the chopped candy bars and then sprinkle evenly with the Andes Mint Chips.
- Cover with foil and let set for 5-10 minutes or until chips are melted. Use a toothpick to swirl the melted Andes Mint Chips. (see video)
- Cover again and refrigerate for three hours. Remove and Cut into 1 inch pieces. Keep covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate leftovers.
- If giving as a gift it will stay freshest if wrapped in plastic wrap.