Everyone at my house agree’s that this is the best crumb cake EVER…..one even went as far as to deem it the very best cake of all cakes ever made! You’ve gotta try it.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar (you can use light brown sugar or white sugar if you prefer)
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened or melted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set it aside
- In your mixer or with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and incorporated
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add egg mixture to cream cheese mixture and mix until well incorporated
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add sugar and flour and mix until smooth
- Spread thick cake batter into 9×13 pan.
- Mix crumble ingredients (combined sugar, flour and cinnamon before adding butter)
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on cake batter
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes
- When cool, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar
Recipe adapted from Bake at Midnight
Keep it Real!