This Easy Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia isn’t just easy, it’s SUPER easy!
Which is good, because if there’s one thing I don’t feel very confident cooking, it’s fish. One time, years ago, I was staying at my sisters and she made us fish. I was a little shocked and was like, “Wait a minute, how do you know how to make fish?
She let me in on the secret, all you really need to make tasty baked fish is a little salt, pepper and lemon juice. What???
Once I realized how easy it was to bake fish, I’ve been doing it regularly and experimenting with different seasonings and toppings.
In case any of you have found yourself staring at a bag of frozen fish, wishing you knew what to do with it, today I’m telling you. This is the recipe that gave me hope in my abilities to ever successfully cook fish. Yep, I owe it all to my sister and these simple ingredients.
So join me fellow, scared of cooking fish, friends. Grab your aprons and a glass 9×13 pan and take a stand. You can and will cook fish like a BOSS.
- 6 (4 ounce) portions of Tilapia (I buy them frozen and thaw them in cold water)
- Lemon Juice, fresh or from concentrate
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In the bottom of a glass 9x13 pan put a squeeze or sprinkle approx 2-3 tsp of lemon juice, and then salt and pepper the bottom of the pan.
- Add fish fillets and then lightly salt and pepper each fillet, drizzle a little olive oil over them and give a final squeeze or sprinkle of lemon juice over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.