During the holidays I was looking for some new easy candy recipes I could make with the kids. I tried these Easy Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles and was impressed with how easy, fun and yummy they were.
And they’re so cute too.
I’m thinking these will be a perfect treat to make for Valentines Day this year.
You can roll them in whatever you want to finish them off. Graham crackers, powdered sugar, cocoa, and finely chopped nuts are all great options.
As for me, I’m a big fan of rolling them in graham cracker crumbs, ’cause guys, it makes them taste like little bites of chocolate cheesecake. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Whether you need an easy yet impressive treat to take somewhere or just want a fun dessert to make with the kids, this recipe is perfect!
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups, melted chocolate chips ( I like to do 2 cups milk chocolate 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can do whatever you like)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- garnishes to roll truffle balls in. Crushed graham crackers, finely chopped nuts, powdered sugar, toasted coconut or cocoa.
- In a medium mixing bowl use a hand mixer to cream together the softened cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Gradually mix in the melted chocolate chips until well combined to the cream cheese powdered sugar mixture.
- Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours. If you want it to be ready faster, spread it in a 9x13 pan before refrigerating. If you do this it will only take 1 hour to be ready.
- Once mixture is chilled scoop mixture out by teaspoon or tablespoon scoops (depending on how big you want your truffles) roll them into balls using your hands and then roll them in a garnish.
- My favorite garnishes are toasted coconut and graham cracker crumbs. It's important to roll them in something or they will be a little messy to eat. I also like to place each one in a mini muffin wrapper when it is finished. You can skip this step and place them in a container or on a cookie sheet if you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.